Bovada Bitcoin Guide
Making a deposit on Bovada with bitcoin is not as difficult as you might first think. The only challenge is buying bitcoin and there are options below showing you how and where to do so.
If you already have bitcoin, making a deposit on Bovada is super easy. Click deposit. Choose bitcoin as your deposit method. Send the amount of bitcoin to the address they supply you.
If you do not yet have any bitcoin, this guide will show you how to get bitcoin and how to use it to deposit on Bovada safely.
The Bovada Casino and Sportsbook has accepted bitcoin since early 2016. And today it is the preferred way to deposit and withdraw.
It’s fast, it’s easy and it is super low fee’s. Especially when compared to checks, bank wires and cash to WU options. If you utilize Bitcoin, you get double sized bonuses and the absolute fastest withdrawal speeds.
Let’s take a look at how to deposit bitcoin on Bovada.
Step 1 – Get Yourself a Bitcoin Wallet
The bitcoin wallet is where you keep your bitcoin before spending it. You do not have to get a wallet if the only reason you are getting bitcoin is to make a deposit but most of these are totally free so you may as well get one.
When you make a withdrawal of bitcoin, you’ll want a wallet to send them to. Make sure these are secure, quality wallets. I’ve researched these and here are my short list of good wallets:
- Electrum.org – download the client on your computer. Free and easy
- Greenwallet from Blockstream – another good online wallet with privacy and control
- Trezor – if you hold any significant amount of bitcoin, get a hardware wallet like the Trezor
How to Purchase Bitcoin
The next thing you have to do is purchase some bitcoin and have them sent to a bitcoin wallet.
If you don’t know what a bitcoin wallet is or have any clue about how to go about purchasing bitcoin, don’t worry. We’re going to break down every bit of this for you below. You have three main options that we’re going to cover here for purchasing bitcoin, and two of them can be used for playing at Bovada Casino.
We’re including the third to help people who are new to bitcoin avoid a common mistake that a lot of people can make regarding one of the most popular bitcoin exchanges online today.
- Go to Coinmama and register for an account. This only takes a few moments, and it’s just like registering an account at virtually any other website.
- Creating an account here will give you an online bitcoin wallet that you will use for your transfers.
- Choose a method of payment for how you would like to buy your bitcoin. Available options include credit cards like Visa or Mastercard in addition to other methods like Western Union.
- You will be taken to a simple form based on which payment option you have chosen. The form will walk you through entering all of the information that you need to verify and process your payment.
- Once all of your information is in, you’ll confirm your details with an email that has a link in it you’ll need to click on.
- Register for your free LocalBitcoins account if you haven’t already. This only takes a few moments.
- From the search form on the main page, you’ll include various options like how much bitcoin you want to buy, your geographical location and how you would like to pay. This search form will list people in the given area who are looking to sell.
- Choose the ‘Buy’ button beside of an option that looks appealing to you in order to see more information like the terms for the trade, the general location of the seller, etc.
- If you agree to their terms, you then enter how much bitcoin you’re looking to buy. The blue box on that page is a part of a messaging system that will allow you to contact the seller directly. You can press the ‘Send’ button to initialize the trade.
- When the seller verifies that the payment has been received, the bitcoin is transferred from escrow into your account, and the trade is complete.
Coinbase – Do Not Use For Gambling
Coin Mama is a website that tries to make it as easy as possible to buy, sell and transfer bitcoin, and that makes them a great option for Bovada Casino players who want to use bitcoin as a deposit option.
The following is the basic procedure that you would follow:
And that’s all that needs to happen for you to purchase bitcoin through Coinmama.
They really do make it as easy as possible for new players, and it’s the method that we recommend players use for their first time because of how they really walk you through every single step of the way.
CoinMama accepts most USA states, but not all. If your state is not accepted, don’t worry, there are more options.
Another option is LocalBitcoins, a website that uses a slightly different approach than Coinmama.
Instead of buying and selling bitcoin on an open exchange, they set up transactions between people who live in the same area.
This approach facilitates exchanges in person instead of working as an exchange themselves. The process is as follows:
LocalBitcoins has a little bit of a different approach, but it works just as well.
We’re including Coinbase here to warn players not to use them for gambling transactions. They are registered as a Money Service Business in the United States, and they’re subject to tons of regulations as a result.
This includes not funding any type of gambling, and they will freeze your account and your ability to make transactions if you use a Coinbase account along these lines.
If you want to make a deposit at Bovada Casino using bitcoin, you cannot use Coinbase to purchase them or as a bitcoin wallet.
The reason we want to point this out is that Coinbase is a very popular bitcoin wallet, if not the most popular for American players, and it’s a common mistake to try to use them to deposit to play at Bovada.
If you do have bitcoin on Coinbase, you need to send it to your personal and private bitcoin wallet first before sending it to an online casino.
Making Your Deposit to Bovada With Bitcoin
Now that you have your bitcoin in your wallet, the hard part is behind you. To transfer that bitcoin to your Bovada account, you’ll follow this simple procedure:
- Log into your Bovada account as usual.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click on your account balance to open the cashier window. Choose the deposit option from there.
- Alternatively, you can open the deposit window by going to the dashboard and choosing the “Make a Deposit” option.
- Pick bitcoin as your deposit method from the menu, and type in the amount of bitcoin you’d like to deposit.
- You will be given a bitcoin address as where you should send your bitcoin to complete your deposit. You can do this from inside of your bitcoin wallet account or through a QR code you can scan with your smartphone or tablet.
- Double and triple check to make sure that you enter the bitcoin address correctly when you process your transfer.
- After the transfer is completely, click the “I’ve Completed My Deposit” button and wait a few moments for the bitcoin to appear in your Bovada account.
Once this series of steps is completed, you’re ready to start playing with your bitcoin at Bovada Casino. If you have any trouble with the last set of steps for any reason, feel free to contact their 24/7 support team because it’s full of helpful customer service representatives who can help you to figure out if something went wrong with your transaction.
Ready to make your first bitcoin deposit? Go to Bovada to get started! They are currently offering a 50% to $500 for first time bitcoin depositors.
Bovada Bitcoin Recap
Bovada Casino has been in operation since 2011 but the team behind them (Bodog) has been around since 2003 and we have been working with them since then.
They are embracing bitcoin and crypto currency. They’re known for being one of the best online casino options for US players. One of the things that makes them so great for Americans is that they have reliable deposits and withdrawals.
My goal in this guide was to show you exactly how to make your first deposit to your Bovada account in bitcoin. And because we know that there’s a bit of a learning curve, we want to make it as easy as possible on you.
Without going into a ton of detail about the mathematics and technology behind how bitcoin works, here is a breakdown of how you can use it in a practical way. First, you have a wallet for your bitcoin, which can operate like an electronic wallet (think PayPal, Skrill, etc.) that you log into with a username and password and use to make transactions in the bitcoin cryptocurrency.
Advanced users can actually run their own private wallet from their own computer, but that’s a bit outside of the scope of learning how to make deposits and withdrawals to Bovada.
You can purchase bitcoin from other currenies (like the US dollar) based on the current exchange rate, and you can sell your bitcoin to receive other currencies in the same way. This is the basis of using bitcoin as a deposit and withdrawal method.
With that said, this article wasn’t to explain the basics of bitcoin to you but to show you what you need to do to go from no bitcoin to having bitcoin to having a deposit via bitcoin at our top rated online sportsbook.
My Top Bitcoin Sportsbooks
These are the best bitcoin sportsbooks online.
- Bovada - deposit and withdraw in bitcoin, gamble in USD.
- Cloudbet - bitcoin only sports and casino. Bet in BTC with up to a 5 BTC bonus
- Betonline - deposit and withdraw in bitcoin. Bet in USD
- Intertops - deposit and witdraw in bitcoin, bet in USD
More Great Articles: