Super Bowl 2018: Thoughts, Tips and Advice
Thinking about betting on Super Bowl 2018?
This is certainly an exciting year—we have the Philadelphia Eagles squaring off against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII.
Right now, the Patriots are the obvious favorites, but there is no denying that the Eagles are strong underdogs.
You can read our full guide on Where To Bet On The Super Bowl 2018 #52 right here. That guide tells you which sportsbooks we recommend are offering Super Bowl betting, includes the current odds, introduces you to some of the types of bets you can place on the Super Bowl, and gives some general recommendations for Super Bowl betting strategies.
In this short article, I want to briefly point out some more specific observations, thoughts, ideas and advice regarding Super Bowl LII. These are just some things to keep in mind when you are placing your wagers.
• As just mentioned, the Eagles are without a doubt the underdogs, despite being a top seed. So far, the team seems to be holding up fine to this pressure and this unexpected role. That may continue to play out in the Super Bowl, but there are no guarantees.
• The Eagles have very little experience with the Super Bowl. In fact, just 7 of their players have ever had Super Bowl appearances. Tom Brady alone has more Super Bowls under his belt than the entire Philadelphia team combined. Players without experience in the Super Bowl are more likely to be blinded by the bright lights. So there is a good chance that many of the Eagles will be distracted by the setting in which they find themselves.
• Nick Foles is an interesting case—in 2013, he played an amazing season, but since then, he has been pretty average as far as quarterbacks go. Nonetheless, this year he finds himself headed to the Super Bowl. But regardless of whether the Eagles win or lose, there is a good chance he will be traded after this season. As such, he is a player surrounded by uncertainty, and that adds to the challenge of predicting this year’s Super Bowl. Regardless, we do know that the Patriots are well aware of the danger he presents, and will focus on going after him.
• Both Patriots fans and Eagles fans tend to be really over-the-top about their fandom. Expect them to be loud and antagonistic during the game. Whether this will distract the players or motivate them is hard to say.
• You probably have been following news about health issues with the Patriots, specifically involving Tom Brady’s hand and Rob Gronkowski getting a concussion. While health issues are always a concern, right now there are no indications that either of these is likely to have a major impact on events.
Right now, if you read what pundits and sports journalists are saying, almost everyone’s gut feeling is that the Patriots are going to win. This makes sense for a lot of reasons. Obviously this is the team with the Super Bowl experience, and the one which has been performing solidly over recent seasons.
Of course, who would have thought the Eagles were going to be here at all?
Considering that they have already defied expectations, that is a great reminder that sometimes underdogs do win. It would be foolhardy to think that they don’t at least have a shot at a Super Bowl victory this year.
If you are betting underdogs, Bovada is our favorite book with the best underdog odds.
Plus, flukes happen in sports all the time, and you never know what unexpected moment might change the tides.
Do not forget that you do not have to bet on the outcome of the game either.
There are all kinds of prop bets you can place if you prefer. In fact, it might be easier to make predictions about specific players this year rather than trying to call the overall outcome. So that is something else to think about.
No matter what, make sure that you shop around for the best odds before you place your bets. Check Where To Bet On The Super Bowl 2018 #52 to see where you can place your wagers on this year’s Eagles vs. Patriots game.
More Great Reads